This beautiful townhouse in the Villas of Almaden has the ideal 3 bedroom, 3 full bathroom floor plan surrounded by tranquility. Luxury abounds at the Villas. Contact Lynsie for a private showing.
This stunning property boasts views from San Francisco to the South Bay. Enjoy for my many decks or inside the lovely 3000 sf home.
Premier Willow Glen Home on one of the most sought after streetsRead More
Do you think about downsizing but fear that you would not be able to afford the property taxes on a new purchase? Did you know that there is a current tax rule that makes it possible to transfer your current tax base value into your replacement home if you meet the criteria?
Proposition 60 allows some California property owners who are at least 55 years of age to transfer the base year value of their principal residence sold to their new principal residence, within Santa Clara County. Proposition 90 allows this transfer among other participating counties.
The detailed requirements for the Prop 60 exclusion include, but are not limited to*:
- The principal claimant or the claimant's spouse who resides with the claimant must be at least 55 years of age at the time the original residence is sold. The claimant must be an owner on record of both the original and replacement residences.
- The replacement residence must be equal to or lesser in value than the original residence. "Equal to or lesser in value" has been defined as: 100 percent of the market value of the original property as of its date of sale if the replacement dwelling is purchased before the original property is sold; 105 percent of the market value of the original property as of its date of sale if the replacement dwelling is purchased within one year after the original property is sold; or 110 percent of the market value of the original property as of its date of sale if the replacement dwelling is purchased between one and two years after the original property is sold.
- The replacement residence must be purchased or newly constructed within two years either before or after the sale of the original residence. The purchase or new construction of the replacement dwelling must include the purchase of that portion of land on which the replacement dwelling will be situated.
- The sale of the original residence must qualify for reassessment under the provisions of California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 110.1
- The principal claimant must have ONE of the following:
- Received, or was eligible for, a Homeowner's Exemption
- Received a Disabled Veteran's Exemption on both the original and replacement residences
- Relief pursuant to Section 69.5 (Proposition 60 and 90) of the Revenue and Taxation Code can be granted only once, except for certain circumstances regarding severely and permanently disabled persons as defined in Revenue and Taxation Code Section 74.3.
- Claims must be filed within three years from the date the replacement residence is purchased or newly constructed to receive full relief. Claims filed after the three year time period will receive Prospective Relief only. You must complete the claim form and provide evidence and/or declare under penalty of perjury that you are at least 55 years of age.
- Special rules apply to multi-unit dwellings and mobile homes. Please contact our office at 408-299-5300.
I am not a Tax Advisor – For More Information Please Contact the Santa Clara County Tax Assessors Office at 408-299-5300 Please also consult with your personal tax advisor.
*This information was taken from the Office of the Assessor of Santa Clara County
Welcome to this beautiful Craftsman Home built in 1924. The original charm abounds with the curved entry, leaded glass windows and built in built in hutches. Enter in the oversized living room with a wood burning fireplace. The sparkling wood floors lead you the the dining room that has a stunning built in hutch with bar area. The original "" range remains in the spacious kitchen with updated cabinetry, countertops, and appliances. Two bedrooms feature an original picture hanging rail and the bathroom has updated fixtures and shower with subway tiles. The home also has indoor laundry and access to the partial basement. Enjoy the beautiful Silicon Valley weather outside on the brick patio, generous green lawn or working outside in the detached two car garage. This home is truly one of a kind!
Nestled in the desirable Surrey Farms neighborhood, this California Cape Cod Ranch style estate boasts impeccable craftsmanship with European wire brushed oak flooring, gourmet chef’s kitchen with Carrara marble and huge granite topped island, coffered ceilings, spa-like master bath with heated floors and much more. Residing on almost half an acre, the backyard is perfect for entertaining and features a large pool and convenient bonus room with TV! This gorgeous home is located on a private cul-de-sac, offering breathtaking foothill views, and is two miles from downtown LG. For more photos click here.
List Price $4,199,000
Contact Lynsie to set up a showing appointment.
Coming Soon- Fantastic Four Bedroom home in the Montevideo community of Almaden. Sparkling hardwood floors, new paint and gourmet kitchen. This home will on MLS in June, contact Lynsie to see this home early.
Beautiful and bright four bedroom, two bath home. Updated kitchen flows to dining room and living room, opening to the huge backyard. This is a fantastic home to entertain in. Desirable Santa Clara neighborhood with Top Cupertino Schools!
This home is a must see. Contact me for more details before the home goes on MLS.
Bight and spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. Wonderfully updated with new paint, carpet and window treatments. Inside laundry room and fireplace.
Bottom floor, corner unit with private patio! Complex features a sparkling pool and gated parking.
This beautiful Blossom Manor home is a custom build featuring 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, gourmet kitchen and incredible built-ins throughout. Fantastic entertaining spaces with patio, lawns, built in bbq and fire pit and sparkling pool. This is an entertainer's dream!
Coldwell Banker hosting a #HalloweenHome photo contest, October 1 through November 1, and asking you to show us your idea of “Halloween at home.” Simply upload, tweet or Instagram a photo that showcases your #HalloweenHome for a chance to win a $500 Pottery Barn gift card. And don’t be afraid to get creative—from costumes to pumpkins to tasty treats, we want to see your most spooktacular and imaginative photos.
Here’s how you can enter:
- Upload a photo of your #HalloweenHome here: californiahome.me/halloweenhome
- You can also enter on Facebook (look for the “Halloween Home” tab on Coldwell Banker's profile page), Twitter or Instagram. You must use the hashtag #HalloweenHome and be sure to tag or mention @CBCalifornia (Instagram) or @CB_California (Twitter)
- Enter once from October 1 through November 1
The winner will be drawn on November 2 and notified that week, just in time to deck their halls for the holidays with a $500 Pottery Barn gift card.
We will be decoration our home this weekend, so be sure to check it out on instagram: @lghomes Follow me so you don't miss the great posts to come and tag me in your #HalloweenHome so I can see what you've been up to as well!
Here’s to Halloween and the place we call home.
Light and bright townhouse with a spacious 1250 square foot floor plan. Rich laminate floors in dining room and living room lead to your own backyard! Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms. Upgrades include: new interior paint, new carpet, newer appliances in kitchen, and some double paned windows. Other great amenities include an attached one car garage and all size laundry. Open House this Sunday 1:30-4:30
Beautiful renovation was completed in 2015 with permits! Updates include: new roof, new electrical, updated plumbing, new windows, new paint, all new kitchens and bathrooms and refinished hardwood floors.
This is an excellent investment opportunity as the property maintenance is incredibly low, and the rents are high. Fully occupied by young professionals.
Offered at $1,799,000
Contact Lynsie to review the financial reports.
View more photos here: http://581s8thst.cbrb.com
This fully renovated 4-Plex in San Jose will be coming on the market soon. Upgrades include new roof, electrical, plumbing, window, new kitchens and bathrooms! Fantastic location just blocks from San Jose State University. Fully occupied at top market rents. Contact me to get more information now.
View more photos here: http://581s8thst.cbrb.com
This spectacular home situated on the 17th green of the Almaden Golf Course was in high demand. So much so, that we were able to negotiate a terrific sale before the home was even ready for the MLS. If you are thinking about selling, give me a call! And if you are looking to purchase, let me help you find the perfect home-it may not be on the MLS!
This retro-fun home has been lovingly maintained since it was built in 1963 and is ready to change hands for the first time. Contact Lynsie directly to schedule a showing at this fantastic home in one of the best locations of Doerr Park, across the street from the park, tennis courts and cabana club.
2588 Park Wilshire Dr, San Jose Ca 94124
First time ever on the market! This highly desired 5 bedroom floorpan is directly across the street from the park. Enjoy the city park, tennis courts, and neighborhood cabana club. This is a great opportunity that will not last long!
Listed at $1,270,000
Gorgeous new listing on the golf course of the Almaden Country Club. 5 bed, 3.5 bath, almost 3200 sf on 14000 sf lot!
Gourmet kitchen, dining room, and living room with views of the city lights and Almaden Country Club golf course. Expanded family room makes this home perfect for entertaining.
Enjoy your morning coffee on the deck outside your master suite while watching the deer wander the gold course.
Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, second family room and wet bar on lower level. Attached 3 car garage and laundry room.
Serenity and enjoyment await you outside with spacious patios, sparkling pool and landscaped yard.
Fifth bedroom currently used as executive home office with mountain and city views.
This stunning home will be on MLS at the beginning of April.
With the spring homebuying season just around the corner, you may be thinking about putting your home up for sale. Now may be the time to list your home with strong demand from buyers and a limited number of properties on the market in most areas.
If you're kicking around the idea of selling, you may be worried that there's too much to do to get your house ready to market. But a few simple, relatively inexpensive steps can make a big difference when it comes time to show off your home to prospective buyers.
Many sellers use a professional "stager" to help make their home really look its best and get the greatest possible interest from buyers. These are the folks that make those model homes look so neat and beautiful with their arrangements of furniture, accessories, and gardens.
Using a professional stager may be the right move for you. But regardless of whether you decide to hire a stager or not, it may be appropriate to think like one when it comes time to get your home ready to put on the market:
- Maximize Curb Appeal: The old saying is true: you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Make sure that the outside of your home looks as appealing as possible. Water and mow the lawn, trim the trees, cut back overgrowth and plant colorful flowers in the front and back.
- Clear the Clutter: When it comes to staging, less is more. Having fewer things filling the rooms makes your home look both neater and roomier. It allows buyers to more easily visualize their own furnishings there. Be sure to store bicycles, gardening equipment, and children's and pet’s toys. Also move any cars from the driveway and along the curb in front of your home.
- Focus on the Living Areas First. A living room is an area in which potential buyers should be able to envision themselves entertaining friends or gathering with their family. With that in mind, consider making the area appear as large and functional as possible by removing any unnecessary furniture and decorations.
- Make Your Home Anonymous: Of course you’re proud of your family, but now is not the time to show their pictures and mementos. Stow away family photos, trophies, collectibles and any other personal items. You want buyers to imagine their families in the house, and that’s hard to do with constant reminders of your family. This process can also help you declutter.
- Make Necessary Repairs: Look at your house with a critical eye. The last thing you want potential buyers to see are chipped tiles in the bathroom, a faucet that doesn’t work, or burned out bulbs in light fixtures. All systems and appliances should be in good working condition.
- Consider Cosmetic Improvements: Simple, cosmetic touch-ups like painting, wallpapering, adding new light fixtures, and minor landscaping, can really help a home show better. If you paint, make sure it’s in a neutral color. You don't need to spend a lot of money on these projects to help make your home look its best but remember that if there are any problems these must be disclosed to potential buyers whether or not the problems have been remediated.
- Give Your Home a Good Cleaning: This can be the most cost-effective thing you do in prepping your home for sale. Potential buyers will want to inspect every part of your home, from the kitchen to the bathrooms to the garage. After removing any clutter, clean the inside of the house from top to bottom. Clean carpets, spotless kitchens and bathrooms, and tidy bedrooms can help make a positive impression.
- Add a Few Final Touches: When stagers are through decluttering a home they finish by adding a few carefully selected items for beauty - a painting in the living room, fresh flowers in the kitchen, an accent pillow for the sofa, or maybe an area rug for the bedroom.
Preparing your home for sale doesn't have to be an overwhelming, costly endeavor. By making a few simple changes you can help make a difference when it comes time to sell. A professional REALTOR® can help you through this process and have your home ready to list in no time! Give me a call and we'll get started today.
A nationwide panel of over 100 economists predict home prices to rise almost 20% in the next 5 years. The average expectation for 2015 was an appreciation of 4.4%. This report shows the opinions of the mean, the optimistic, and the pessimistic. And even the most pessimistic are still projecting a 5 year appreciation of almost 12%. Check out these numbers and then contact me to find out how you can make the most out of your investments and make sure to hold some real estate investments in your portfolio.